TENETS OF OUR FAITH
“A Statement of the Fundamental Truths Approved by the General Community of Believers”
1. WE BELIEVE Scriptures are the inspired Word of God (2 Tim 3:15-17; 1 Thess. 2:13, 2 Peter 1:17)
2. WE BELIEVE in the “One true God who is Self-Existent, the “I am,” Our Creator and the Redeemer of mankind (Deut. 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; Mt 28:19; Luke 3:12)
3. WE BELIEVE in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ and that He is the eternal Son of God.
WE BELIEVE in …
· His Birth (Luke 1:31,35)
· His sinless life (Heb. 7:26; 1 Peter 2:22)
· His miracles (Acts 2:22; 10:38)
4. WE BELIEVE in the Fall of Man- in the voluntary transgression of man resulting in the punishment of death- separation from God.
5. WE BELIEVE in the Salvation of Man
WE BELIEVE in the condition of Salvation: Salvation is received through repentance through God, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
WE BELIEVE in the evidence of Salvation: the inward witness of the Spirit.
6. WE BELIEVE in the following ordinances of the Church:
· Baptism by Water (Mt. 28:19; Mk.16:16; Acts 10:47-48; Rom. 6:4)
· The Lord’s Supper (2 Peter 1:4; 1 Cor. 11:26)
7. WE BELIEVE in the Baptism of the Holy Ghost and that all believers should earnestly expect and seek after the promise of the Father- the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4,8; 1 Cor. 12:3; 1-31; Acts 8:12-17; 10:44-46; 15:7-9)
8. WE BELIEVE in the initial physical evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:4)
9. WE BELIEVE in Sanctification- the act of separation from that which is evil- the world, the flesh, self and that this is realized by the power of the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:15,16)
10. WE BELIEVE in the Church and its mission to fulfill the Great Commission (Ephes. 1:22-2; 2:22; Heb. 12:23)
· To be an agency of God for evangelizing the world. (Acts 1:8; Mt. 28:19)
· To be a corporate body in which man may Worship God (1 Cor. 12:13)
· To be a channel of God’s purpose to build up the Body of Christ (the Saints) (Ephes. 4:11-16;
1 Cor. 12:28; 14:12)
JUBILEE EVANGELISTIC MINISTRIES exists to give continuing emphasis to this reason for being: “A New Testament Apostolic Church in pattern and teaching that encourages all believers to receive the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.”
· To enable believers to evangelize in the power of the Spirit. (Mk 16:15-20; Acts 4:29-31; Heb. 2:3,4)
· To add a dynamic and a necessary dimension to our worship and to our relationship with God (1 Cor. 2:10-16; 1 Cor. 12,14)
· To enable believers to respond fully to the work of the Holy Ghost in their lives and to express the fruits and gifts of the Spirit for the work of the ministry as in the New Testament pattern of ministry.
11. WE BELIEVE in The Ministry- in being divinely called and scripturally ordained to provide a two-fold purpose:
· To evangelize the world (Mk 16:15-20)
· To edify the Body of Christ (Ephes. 4:11-13)
12. WE BELIEVE in Divine Healing as an integral part of the Gospel, as a privilege of all believers that has been provided for in the atonement (Is. 53:4-5; Mt. 8:16-17; James 5:14-16)
13. WE BELIEVE in The Blessed Hope- the resurrection of our mortal body into immortality at the appearance of Christ’s return (1 Thess. 4:16-17; Rom. 8:23; Titus 2:13; 1 Cor. 15:51-52)
14. WE BELIEVE in The Millennial Reign of Christ- the thousand year reign of Christ with His saints on the Earth (Zech. 14:15; Mt. 24:27,30; Rev. 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6)
15. WE BELIEVE in The Final Judgment of the wicked whose names are not found in The Book of Life, being consigned to everlasting punishment (Mt. 24:46; Mk. 9:43-48; Rev. 19:20; 20:11-15; 21:18)
16. WE BELIEVE in The New Heaven and the New Earth- according to His promise we look for a new heaven and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness (2 Peter 3:13; Rev. 21:22)